Capital Accumulation Plan Consulting
CAPs can be a cost-effective way to build a strong corporate culture through employee loyalty.
A CAP is a flexible employer-sponsored investment plan that can help employees save for retirement. Benefits are not defined, they are delivered by each employee’s cumulative contributions and investment returns. Employees therefore have the freedom to decide where they want to invest funds and how much they wish to save.
Employers can offer one or several options within the plan of which employees can choose. For example; Group Registered Retirement Savings Plans, Defined Contribution Pension Plans, Deferred Profit Sharing Plans or Group Tax-Free Savings Accounts are all types of CAPs. Our team of experts provide the insights on each plan option so you can make the best choice for Your employee group.
We will also ensure that the set of responsibilities under the Capital Accumulation Plan Guidelines are met. When developing a sound process with the CAP Guidelines in mind you will see the following benefits:
- Clarifies the accountabilities of all parties; members, sponsors and service providers
- Protects against legal risks
- Builds a framework for efficient plan administration
- Provides information and assistance members need to make investment decisions with confidence.
Our team of seasoned actuaries and consultants can help you design and structure a Capital Accumulation Plan that meets your needs as a plan sponsor as well as contribute to the retirement savings objectives of your employees.
We provide consulting services for:
- Plan audit
- Plan design
- Service provider search
- Governance and plan documentation
- Member communication and education
- Third party recordkeeping